Disabling ActiveCare Functionality in System Mechanic
This article applies to:
- System Mechanic 10
- System Mechanic 10 PC TotalCare
- System Mechanic 10 Professional
- System Mechanic 9
- System Mechanic 9 PC TotalCare
- System Mechanic 9 Professional
ActiveCare is a powerful maintenance feature that keeps your system running efficiently and securely around the clock. It monitors your computer's performance, and then automatically runs any needed repairs on-the-spot. If you prefer to run your tools manually, or would like to disable some or all of ActiveCare's functions for any reason, follow the steps below.
- Open System Mechanic
- From the main navigation panel select ActiveCare>Automated Tasks.
- From the Tasks Performed Automatically list, turn off the tools you wish to stop from running automatically by toggling the corresponding action buttons to Disabled.
Note: Disabling all tools this way will effectively turn off the cleaning and maintenance features of ActiveCare. Automatic analysis will still occur periodically.