System Mechanic works with Windows 8
System Mechanic works
Many of our customers have contacted us with questions about compatibility, re-installation, and the need for tune-up and optimization with Windows 8, Microsoft’s latest operating system.
iolo’s products, including our flagship System Mechanic, DriveScrubber, and Search & Recover have been fully compatible with Windows 7 since early 2009.
In fact, the latest version of System Mechanic has special features that enable more efficient use of native Windows 8 technology.
Even with a brand-new operating system, PC tune-up software serves a critical purpose.
A tune-up right from the beginning will help you get the best possible performance out your new operating system. And regular tune-ups thereafter will properly maintain your computer, preventing slowdowns and problems before they have a chance to begin and start causing lasting damage.
Recent iolo Labs studies have shown that the speed, performance, and stability of Windows 8 tend to degrade over time and with use. Through the use of lab simulations based on typical PC usage, testers found some of the same types of issues detected in earlier operating systems:
- Settings became obsolete as applications and devices were added and removed;
- Clutter was left behind from web surfing;
- Unneeded programs were running in the background;and
- Unnecessary startup processes were draining resources.
Don’t wait for your PC to slow down – install System Mechanic now and ensure a well-tuned PC for as long as you own it.
For all your iolo software, one license can be installed on up to three of your PCs. So if you have purchased a new computer or have completely reinstalled the operating system, you can easily reinstall your iolo products.
Simply re-use your installation CD or, if you don’t have a CD, you can download the installation files at no cost:
- Click here to download System Mechanic.
- A “File Download” message will open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the file and begin installation.
During reinstallation, the installer should detect your prior Activation Key.
If it doesn’t — or if you are installing on a different PC — then you may be prompted to enter your Activation Key, so be sure to have it handy.
The Customer Care site at www.iolo.com/customercare is a one-stop resource for all your product questions:
- A searchable Knowledge Base with product tutorials, frequently asked questions, and troubleshooting tips.
- Online help systems with detailed instructions on all product features.
- Online contact forms to send specific questions directly to Customer Care.
- Access to all iolo product services, including downloads and subscription renewals.
We respect your privacy and would never share your information.