The newest version of the award-winning PC tune-up software squeezes even more performance out of Microsoft’s latest operating system
LOS ANGELES, CA – Dec 2, 2009 – iolo technologies, the PC tune-up experts recognized as the fastest-growing company in the U.S. by the 2009 American Business Awards, today announced new version 9.5 of System Mechanic®, its flagship product and the #1 best-selling PC tune-up software according to NPD. Microsoft-certified for Windows 7, Vista, and XP, System Mechanic 9.5 boasts enhanced technology tailored specifically for Microsoft’s latest operating system, as well as new features that take advantage of Windows 7’s user-friendly functionality.
“In its extensive, soon-to-be-published research that details the aging of the three popular operating systems, iolo Labs has identified a number of new areas in Windows 7 that accumulate system clutter and other problems over time and can result in a dramatic loss of performance and stability if not properly maintained. In fact, our research clearly indicates that Windows 7 can age and slow down over time through regular use at about the same rate as Windows XP and Vista, but in ways that are new and different to this operating system,” said JJ Schoch, iolo technologies’ VP of marketing. “With improved technology and tools based on iolo Labs’ ongoing research, System Mechanic 9.5 knows how to find and prevent these new types of problems in Windows 7, ensuring a long and efficient life for your new machine.”
Some of the new features in System Mechanic 9.5 include:
- Total Registry Revitalizer: Newly discovered problem areas in Windows 7 are detected and resolved with System Mechanic’s updated registry cleaning and repair technology. This technology can be found in System Mechanic’s Registry Tuner, as well as the Total Registry Revitalizer, which repairs, compacts, defragments, and backs up the registry in one step.
- PC Cleanup PowerTool™: System Mechanic’s PC Cleanup Power Tool has been enhanced with new methods of locating and removing junk files and clutter unique to Windows 7.
- Jump Lists: System Mechanic 9.5 now supports this new popular feature of Windows 7. More advanced than shortcuts, Windows 7 Jump Lists let you get inside your favorite programs and ‘jump’ directly to the functions you use most. System Mechanic’s Jump List lets you optimize your PC with a click of a button, giving you fast access to system analyses, repairs, and some of the program’s most frequently used optimization tools.
Additional enhancements in System Mechanic 9.5 include:
- Hundreds of new Tune-up Definitions™ for even more effective tune-ups: Since its official launch in June 2009, iolo Labs has been busy studying and analyzing Windows 7 performance degradation trends and patterns. The research team has discovered hundreds of new ways to optimize and repair the operating system, which have been included in the latest set of Tune-up Definitions, offered as free weekly updates to all System Mechanic users with an active service plan. Successfully making System Mechanic even more effective over time, the newest Tune-up Definition updates give the product the knowledge to intelligently identify even more causes of performance and stability degradation, resulting in more effective repairs and optimizations than ever before.
- PC Health Status Gadget: Designed for both Windows Vista and Windows 7 machines, System Mechanic’s PC Health Status Gadget provides real-time status reports on a computer’s health, a running feed of the repairs and optimizations performed by System Mechanic, as well as drill-down access to any detected problems and system warnings. It also gives you a quick and easy way to access the most commonly used functions in System Mechanic, such as Memory Mechanic® and EnergyBooster™.
System Mechanic 9.5, compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP, can be used on up to three PCs. The program remains as effective as ever on Windows XP and Vista systems, offering a comprehensive set of PC tune-up tools for all the most popular operating systems in use today.
ABOUT IOLO TECHNOLOGIES
Crowned the Fastest-Growing Company in the United States for 2009 by the American Business Awards, iolo technologies, LLC (www.iolo.com) produces award-winning software that repairs, optimizes, and protects Windows computers. A privately held firm founded in 1998 and headquartered in Los Angeles, iolo has presence in 33 countries, more than 23 million users worldwide, and hundreds of awards from industry analysts and media. The iolo product line includes System Mechanic®, the #1 best-selling PC tune-up software; System Mechanic Professional®, an all-in-one suite of both PC tune-up and security tools; Search and Recover™, a powerful data recovery tool for retrieving deleted files and photos; DriveScrubber®, the #1 best-selling utility for permanently erasing data from hard drives; as well as System Shield®, and iolo AntiVirus™, Internet security software. For more information see www.iolo.com.