If you own a laptop, computer, or other device, it is crucial that you consider installing an antivirus solution to protect your device against malware and other threats that could infiltrate your computer.
However, you might be wondering how to install antivirus on your device. Don’t worry, in this blog, we have got you covered. We will explore the following:
- Antivirus definition
- The signs and symptoms of a virus
- How to install an antivirus software
- How iolo can help with antivirus protection
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is AntiVirus?
First, to define antivirus, it’s important to understand what a virus is. A virus is a type of malicious software (malware) that is designed to spread between networks and computers, damaging files, software, and data. This can lead to your personal and sensitive data being vulnerable to theft by cybercriminals.
Meanwhile, antivirus refers to a software that has been created to detect and eliminate viruses and other types of malware from your devices. In essence, an antivirus software guards your computer against virus attacks.
Signs of Virus Infection
Viruses will only begin to infect your computer once it has been interacted with. For example, when a virus is attached to a program, file, or folder on your computer, it will only spread when you have opened or launched that specific item.
Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell if a virus is running rampant on your device. But, there are several telltale signs that you should be aware of, including:
- Missing or changed files and folders
- Issues with restarting, shutting down, or starting up your computer
- Unexpected and random pop-ups
- Error messages
- System crashes/freezing
- Slow performance
- Reduced disk space
- And more…
Although not always, the above signs could indicate that your computer has been infiltrated by a virus or other malware.
What to Do If Your Computer is Infected
In the case that your computer has already been infected by a virus, there are some measures that you can use to try and remove the virus. However, the most effective way to eradicate a virus from your computer is to install an antivirus program like iolo’s System Shield®.
iolo’s System Shield®
System Shield® is an antivirus and antispyware program that has been designed to detect and permanently remove virus infections, even if your computer has already been infected.
In particular, it offers the following features:
- Real-time threat detection
- Instant threat neutralization
- Permanent pest removal
- Utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) to recognize new and mutated threats
- Almost zero resource consumption
- And more…
As you can see, investing in an antivirus solution like System Shield® offers a number of benefits that you could reap. For effective and instant detection and removal of viruses on your computer, an antivirus program is absolutely essential.
So, how can you install an antivirus program?
Once you have decided which type of antivirus software to install, the installation steps are relatively easy. Keep in mind that installation might differ from brand to brand, but the core steps are usually the same.
A simplified installation process (for an iolo product) is outlined below:
- Purchase a reliable antivirus software like iolo’s System Mechanic Pro®
- Download the latest version of the software from the official website
- Find the download file in your Downloads folder and double click on it
- Wait for the download and installation process to finish
- Agree to user license agreement
- Install the software and wait for the installation process to complete
- Once complete, you will be asked to enter your email address
- Enter your product key that you should have received after purchasing the product
- Once the final stages of the installation process has finished, you have now successfully installed System Mechanic Pro® on your computer!
Many antivirus platforms will have a support center that you can access if you have any questions, concerns, or are struggling with installing the antivirus program.
If you still require support, please feel free to visit the Customer Care Portal for further assistance with installing your iolo product.
iolo’s System Mechanic Pro®
System Mechanic Pro® offers a comprehensive antivirus system that not only safeguards your computer against viruses and other threats, but also improves computer performance.
In particular, System Mechanic Pro® can:
- Boost overall system performance, including speed and availability of resources for streaming, gaming, and editing
- Repair any issues found within the system
- Clean system space, deleting junk files and increasing disk space
- Protect the system against viruses and other types of malware via real-time threat monitoring
- Wipe browsing history and patch security vulnerabilities
- Improve internet speed
- Permanently erase private and sensitive data
- Recover data that has been accidentally deleted
As you can see, System Mechanic Pro® offers a little bit of everything! In fact, it even includes System Shield® as part of its platform, meaning that you can take advantage of System Shield® and other features with System Mechanic Pro®.
It is worth noting that iolo’s System Mechanic Pro® is currently only available for Windows® 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7. We also offer a 30 day money-back guarantee should you be unsatisfied with our product. All iolo products come with a one year subscription with the initial purchase – to continue using our features, you must renew your subscription. For more details, please see the iolo Sales Policy.
Keeping Your Computer Safe from Viruses with iolo
Now that you know how to install an antivirus program, what are you waiting for? iolo’s System Shield® and System Mechanic Pro® are great examples of antivirus softwares that can effectively protect your computer against viruses and other malware.
As technology continues to advance and new strains of computer viruses emerge, your computer needs a suitable guardian to combat these potential threats. Don’t wait until your computer is already infected – install an antivirus software like iolo’s System Mechanic Pro® today.
Browse our full range of antivirus solutions on our website. Alternatively, get in touch with us to learn more about our offerings and how we can help with your antivirus needs.