How to remove malware is a question that many of us might have on our minds, particularly when it comes to navigating the ever-changing, and ever-dangerous, web. One wrong click, and you can open up your PC to viruses, spyware, ransomware, Trojans and much more. Malware like this can actually render your computer unusable, and put all of your sensitive data at risk – even if your accounts are password protected! Though this may sound scary, there’s no need to worry.
There are several ways to secure your computer system against malware attacks, though none are as thorough and wide-ranging as anti-malware software, much like iolo’s effective System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense, which contains our Malware Killer® tool. Find out more about anti-malware software and how iolo can help you, below.
How to Remove Malware with Anti-Malware Software
If Malware stands for ‘malicious software,’ which involves several devious inventions specifically designed to harm, exploit and compromise your computer system and private data, then anti-malware software is your proverbial knight in shining armour: it is the first line of defense in shutting viruses, worms and spyware down before they can even infect your computer. Interestingly, there is a process that anti-malware software follows to track down and extinguish any potential threats online. This process is as follows:
- Scanning – The first thing anti-malware software will do for your computer is scan! Whilst you have to initiate the scan yourself, most anti-malware tools will offer the option for a number of scans, some more thorough than others – for example, a quick scan, full-system scan, or a custom scan that you can schedule to occur regularly. Different processes, files and areas of your computer will be thoroughly combed through.
- Detection – After scanning is complete, an anti-malware system will generally use signature-based detection, heuristic-based detection, or behavior-based detection to pin down suspicious activity in a computer system.
- Quarantine and Removal – Once malware has been detected, these files are immediately isolated by your anti-malware software to prevent further harm, and, after you’ve been made aware of these threats, are deleted from your system.
- Reporting – Anti-malware software always logs and reports any threats detected so you can stay informed about the security of your computer.
As you can see above, anti-malware software forms a critical part of your computer’s defense against malware infections – some of which you may never have been aware of without its help! After all, even the most unassuming links online can damage your computer. Yet, whilst anti-malware software is effective and capable at what it does, it’s always best to take other security measures of your own.
When it comes to fighting viruses, keep your operating system up-to-date, use strong and distinctive passwords that implement different characters, and consider investing in a firewall. This ensures protection around the clock for you and for your PC.
The benefits of iolo’s Malware Killer
When it comes to protecting your computer, iolo knows best. That’s why iolo’s Malware Killer® tool brings so many benefits to your computer! For example, users can benefit from on-demand malware discovery and removal, but also:
- An innovative threat-detection algorithm
- Artificial intelligence that discovers new, ever-evolving threats
- The safe analysis of suspicious files using proprietary technology
- A vast “reputation database” that the software continually adds to, protecting your PC in the long-term
- Defense against previously unknown threats
And, at a cost-effective price, iolo’s Malware Killer® is a targeted tool for a specific job – defeating malware – and this is something it does very well. The use of innovative technology allows the Malware Killer to stay ahead of the curve. When malware infections evolve, it evolves right with them. Of course, though, because the Malware Killer is a very specific tool, your computer may still be unprotected or underperforming in certain functions. Fortunately, iolo has covered this issue, too. With the System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense tool, customers can receive an all-in-one online privacy, password manager, antivirus and PC cleaner.
Protecting a PC on your own is like having a full-time job. You’d have to be monitoring for threats and suspicious files all day, every day, which is a luxury of time that most of us don’t have.
By investing in all-round artificial intelligence that blocks malware, stops hackers and optimizes your processing power for you, you shed the waste of time, excessive cost and stress that the looming threat of malware can cause. The greatest benefit of the System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense tool is its impressive ability to juggle a dozen different tasks at once, though every one of these tasks serve to improve and protect your computer. You may even benefit from faster downloads and better TV streaming, as it can boost internet speed.
Whether you opt for the Malware Killer® tool or System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense depends entirely on your needs, budget, and what you use your computer for. If you have sensitive data saved on your PC, and you use it primarily for work, System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense is a more suitable software. But, for recreational activities and surfing the web, the Malware Killer® could also be appropriate.
Get in touch with a member of the iolo team, today
If you’re ready to banish malware from your mobile or PC, but you’d like to know more about iolo’s Malware Killer® and the exceptional System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense tool, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the iolo team today. Whether you reach iolo through mobile, email or the Live Technical Support chat, we look forward to hearing from you. Indeed, speaking to a real person – especially one with great experience in the protection of computer systems! – can make a world of difference when it comes to understanding the ins-and-outs of iolo’s invaluable software.