Since 1998, iolo has been devoted to one mission: Keeping your PC running like new. It is our honor to take this opportunity to welcome new customers to our family, and to express our gratitude to the tens of millions who have been with us for years now. All of us at iolo thank you for choosing our products. We know you have a choice, and we appreciate your business.
The System Mechanic® program requires a PC running Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7, at least 70 MB of available hard disk space, minimum 512 MB RAM (optimal 2 GB), and an internet connection for license activation.
Installing System Mechanic
Note: There is no longer a CD required to install iolo products. Each product can be downloaded for your convenience.
- Ensure that your internet connection is on and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Go to sm.iolo.com. Choose a destination folder and click Save.
- Open the installation file from either your browser download tray or the folder in which you saved it. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- After the iolo Download Manager finishes, if prompted, click Yes to save a copy of the installation file.
- When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic.
- During installation you will be asked to enter the Activation Key provided either in your online order fulfillment email, or in the retail box you purchased. Completely type all letters and numbers, exactly as shown. (Any hyphens will be automatically entered.)
- On the last screen of the installation wizard, click Finish. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation.
Troubleshooting Licensing and Installation
If you have any difficulties with the licensing or installation of System Mechanic:
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall, security, or parental control programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Double-check the values you entered for the Activation Key, making sure that no spaces are entered and that all letters and numbers are entered exactly as shown.
- Some characters in the Activation Key (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case L), I (capital i); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
- Make sure you are entering license information for the specific product you are installing. License information for one iolo product is not interchangeable with another iolo product.
- Under the terms of iolo’s Whole Home License®, you may install System Mechanic on every PC in a single-family household for personal, non-commercial use only. For full terms and conditions, please see our User License Agreement.
If the program does not automatically launch immediately after installing, double-click the System Mechanic icon on your desktop.
Once opened, System Mechanic displays the Home page, which provides access to all of the tools in the program. We suggest that you begin by running an analysis of your computer.
To run an analysis
- From the Dashboard’s Overview pane, click Analyze Now.
- Once the analysis completes, you will see a snapshot of your PC’s condition and see if any problems are detected.
- To quickly make repairs, simply click Repair selected.
The integrated Help system provides how-to instructions and detailed information about each feature.
To access the Help
- On the red menu bar, click the ? icon. From the drop-down menu, click Get Help Online.
Finding Additional Information
You can read Knowledge Base articles, tutorials, FAQs, and communicate with Support agents, on iolo’s Support page found here.