Introducing System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense™
Phoenix 360 has been integrated into the System Mechanic product family with the launch of new System Mechanic Ultimate Defense.
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense combines seven powerful products in a single System Mechanic dashboard for your convenience. System Mechanic Ultimate Defense is the total package that delivers all your security, privacy, and performance needs in one easy-to-use interface.
If you are an existing Phoenix 360 or System Mechanic Ultimate customer, you will receive new System Mechanic Ultimate Defense when you update your product. Your Activation Key will remain the same, with existing subscription time retained.
The System Mechanic Ultimate Defense program requires a PC with Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7; at least 270 MB of available hard disk space (includes virus definitions); minimum 512 MB RAM (optimal 2 GB); and an internet connection for license activation. Your web browsers must be up-to-date and the latest Windows updates should be fully applied.
Installing System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
- System Shield is the antivirus component of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. To install and run System Shield as your primary real-time antivirus protection, first uninstall any other third-party antivirus software.
- Ensure that your internet connection is on and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Go to https://smu.iolo.com. Choose a destination folder and click Save.
- Open the installation file from either your browser download tray or the folder in which you saved it. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- After the iolo Download Manager finishes, if prompted, click Yes to save a copy of the installation file.
- When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense.
- During installation you will be asked to enter the Activation Key provided in your order fulfillment email. Completely type all letters andnumbers, exactly as shown. (Any hyphens will be automatically entered.)
- You may be prompted to separately accept the installation of System Shield in order to proceed.
- On the last screen of the installation wizard, click Finish. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation.
Troubleshooting Licensing and Installation
If you have any difficulties with the licensing or installation of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense:
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall, security, or parental control programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Double-check the values you entered for the Activation Key, making sure that no spaces are entered and that all letters and numbers are entered exactly as shown.
- Some characters in the Activation Key (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case L), I (capital i); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
- Under the terms of iolo’s Whole Home License®, you may install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense on every PC in a single-family household for personal, non-commercial use only. For full terms and conditions, please see https://www.iolo.com/company/legal/eula/.
If System Mechanic Ultimate Defense does not automatically launch immediately after installing, double-click the System Mechanic Ultimate Defense icon on your desktop. Once opened, System Mechanic Ultimate Defense displays the Dashboard, which provides access to all of the software products in the program.
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense Includes the Full Versions of:
- System Mechanic® performance optimization
- System Shield® real-time antivirus protection
- Malware Killer™ on-demand malware removal
- Privacy Guardian™ online privacy protection
- ByePass™ secure password manager (now also available for Android devices)
- DriveScrubber® drive wiping technology
- Search and Recover™ deleted file recovery
We suggest that you begin by running an analysis of your computer.
To run an analysis
- Be sure the System Mechanic (far left) top icon is selected.
- From the System Mechanic Dashboard’s Overview pane, click Analyze Now.
- Once the analysis completes, you will see a snapshot of your PC’s condition and see if any problems are detected.
To quickly make repairs, simply click Repair selected.
The integrated Help system provides how-to instructions and detailed information about each feature.
To access the Help
- On the red menu bar, click the ? icon. From the dropdown menu, click Get Help Online.
Finding Additional Information
To communicate with Support agents and track the status of any submitted tickets, sign into iolo’s Customer Care portal here.